Do you love volunteering for Habitat for Humanity? Tell us about it and win a prize!
We are seeking submissions of 500 words or less from Habitat for Humanity volunteers. The Habitat staff will review the submissions and select finalists whose submissions will be posted online. We will then invite folks to choose from the finalists by voting for the winners on our website. The winning essayists will be the envy of all their friends, have their essays posted online and have their choice of a lovely prize (mp3 players, cool gear, digital cameras and other great stuff!)
Share with us your favorite volunteer moment, a story about something cool you learned on the build site, or let us know why you choose to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East in 500 words or less. To email your submission, please place “Habitat essay” in the subject line and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who prefer regular mail should address their submissions to Habitat Essay Contest, PO Box 11527, Portland, OR 97211. All entries must be received by August 15, 2010, and should include contact information (name, phone, email address) for the author.
- Entries must be received by August 15, 2010.
- All submissions become the property of Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East to use, reproduce, or distribute as it sees fit in its sole discretion, although authorship will be acknowledged.
- By submitting an entry, the contestant warrants that the work is original and does not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity. In addition, by submitting an entry, the contestant grants permission to Habitat to use her or his name for publicity purposes, including, but not limited to, announcing the results of the contest.
- This contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Be creative and have fun!