The need for safe, stable homes has never been greater. Back in 2018, our region’s housing crisis was escalating. Then the pandemic hit and made it abundantly clear how vital a safe, affordable home is for the health of our community. In response, you rallied around Habitat for Humanity Portland Region’s five-year, $25 million Triple Your Impact campaign. Your generosity raised an incredible $26.5 million in philanthropic gifts that we were able to leverage with over $18 million in grants from our public partners. Thanks to you, the vision of tripling to partner with 500 people each and every year is now a reality!
With your help, we reached this goal!
It means financial security.
Every year 500 more people will leave behind far too expensive housing–and move into safe and affordable homes, building financial security.
Owning an affordable Habitat home increases a family’s ability to save money by 25%.
It means stability.
Every year 500 more people will no longer worry about chasing affordable rent or pulling their kids out of school for yet another move.
92% of Oregon children raised in a Habitat for Humanity home graduate from high school.
It means health.
Every year 500 more people will breathe easier in healthy homes that are accessible and safe for everyone in the family.
79% of families experiencing asthma or respiratory illnesses no longer experience symptoms since moving into their new homes.
By making a gift to the Triple Your Impact Campaign, you helped Habitat for Humanity invest in:
Land Acquisition and Development
Purchase and develop 100 lots for future homes.
Increase homebuilding efforts to 65 homes built annually, so that more people will build strength and stability through affordable homeownership.
Critical Home Repairs
Increase critical repairs to 60 homes annually, preventing displacement and helping people age in place.
Homeownership Education Classes
Expand educational programs to the broader community, teaching skills that help people become successful homeowners, build financial security, and maintain their homes.
Community Matching Gift Fund
Our deep appreciation goes out to these philanthropic business leaders who have stepped up to create the $300,000 Triple Your Impact Community Matching Gift Fund. This incentive was activated at key moments to challenge our community to dig deeper.
Special thanks to our Community Matching Gift Fund Partners:
The Triple Your Impact Campaign Cabinet has been working hard behind the scenes to share this campaign with our community’s philanthropic leaders.
Cambia Health Foundation
Chancellor, Nevada System of Higher Ed.
N&N Real Estate Services
Triple Your Impact Honor Roll
We are deeply grateful for the impressive generosity of our region’s philanthropic leaders. Their generosity is a testament to their understanding of how critical affordable homeownership is to the health and well-being of our community.
Diamond Partners ($1,000,000+)
Greater Portland Bible Church
Oregon-Idaho Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church
Platinum Level Partners ($500,000 – $999,999)
Board of Directors, Habitat Portland Region
Meyer Memorial Trust
M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust
Ann and Bill Swindells Charitable Trust
Gold Level Partners ($250,000 – $499,999)
Demorest Family Foundation
Chris and Lana Finley
Ryan and Mary Finley
Jim and Sue’s Community Fund
Scott and Twylla Smith
OCF Joseph E Weston Public Foundation
Silver Level Partners ($150,000 – $249,999)
Bank of America
David and Katie Gold
Koehler Family Builds
Maybelle Clark MacDonald Fund
Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
Bronze Level Partners ($100,000 – $149,999)
Jeanne I. Arbow
The Law Office of Michelle D. DaRosa
Ian and Michele Gordon
Henry Lea Hillman, Jr. Foundation
Bill and Becky Huntting
Irvin and Janette Huntting Fund
Tom Koehler and Kari Easton
Gregg Miller and Christine Howell-Miller
Hubert and Ludmila Schlesinger Foundation
Darci and Charlie Swindells
Jeannette and Kevin Thomas
David and Christine Vernier
The Zidell Family
City of Beaverton
City of Hillsboro
City of Lake Oswego
City of Portland
State of Oregon Coronavirus Recovery Programs
State of Oregon Housing and Community Services
U.S. Community Initiated Project Grant: Senator Merkley & Senator Wyden
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development SHOP
- CMD, Tools for ChangeBe bold, be insightful, be imaginative, and share success. These are the values that creative agency and Habitat for Humanity partner… Read more: CMD, Tools for Change
- Jay Robinson on Building a Thriving CommunityAs a key partner in Habitat for Humanity’s Triple Your Impact campaign, Kaiser Permanente’s commitment and innovation knows no bounds.
- News Release: Habitat for Humanity Portland Region Launches a Campaign to Triple the Number of People in Stable HomesLocal Business and Community leaders step forward to invest in affordable homeownership with Habitat for Humanity at critical time. PORTLAND, OR June 20, 2021—People across Oregon are facing skyrocketing… Read more: News Release: Habitat for Humanity Portland Region Launches a Campaign to Triple the Number of People in Stable Homes
- Roger Hinshaw on Tripling Your ImpactMy Bank of America colleagues in Oregon and Southwest Washington and I have enthusiastically partnered with Habitat for Humanity for over 15 years.
- Triple Your Impact Community Partner: The StandardAs a longtime supporter of Habitat for Humanity Portland Region, The Standard’s commitment to building healthy communities goes hand in hand with the Triple Your Impact Campaign.
- The Demorests are Creating Momentum to Triple Your ImpactToday, they are helping Habitat for Humanity Portland Region in its biggest-ever capital campaign with a generous philanthropic investment. Why? Because for our region to work well, housing matters.
- Alice Wiewel on Building a Legacy for Future GenerationsFor Alice Wiewel, Oregon’s state architect, including Habitat for Humanity Portland Region in her will was an easy decision.